Sunday, April 14, 2013

Autism Understanding & Awareness 2103, Day 7 : Breastfeeding & eating

Yes, I did - or should I say, yes he did? :) Thomas nursed for 15 months! After a bumpy start for a few days, he caught on like a pro. My initial goal was 6 months mi...nimum, desired goal of 1 year. We started solids at 5 1/2 months because he wasn't sleeping through the night anymore. I'll add a few more pictures documenting all this. He's always been a good eater.

The one thing he does not like to this day is mixed foods, casseroles, soups, etc. Even spaghetti & meatballs - he eats the meatballs first then the pasta.

We'll get into diets another day!

But back to the breastfeeding for 15 months...I guess a theme I'd like to bring forward here is: we did everything we were supposed to do. I followed all the rules gladly and enthusiastically. If I was told by my docs to do something during pregnancy, I did it, and if I wasn't supposed to do something, I didn't. It was an uneventful pregnancy - no different from any other uneventful pregnancy.

I cannot help but think that regardless of the autism, the amount of time I nursed him probably has helped him immesurably. He is a healthy kid, and for that we are eternally grateful!

Now keep an eye out for other pictures...

My sister likes to make funny t-shirts

 First solids - 5 1/2 months
Obligatory first birthday cake-on-face picture.  First picture with Birthday Bear from Auntie Julie

No comments: