Saturday, January 05, 2008

This Year’s Christmas

I may just have to do bullet points here:

  • T opened his presents this year. He sat with us, and opened his presents. This is the first time he's done this, and he needed a little assistance occasionally, but by God, he did it.
  • He was allowed to eat a few Christmas cookies – and they weren't GFCF or SCD legal. No noticeable change in diaper contents at the time.
  • He is making more eye contact when requesting things he wants. In fact, he'll walk to another room to bring us what he'd like (fill my juice cup, put this DVD in), and can respond verbally when asked "What do you want?"
  • He's making faces at himself in mirrors and really having a good time.
  • He's getting better and better at saying "Night night, mommy" at bedtime.
  • We started Epsom salt baths.
  • We're continuing Methyl B-12 injections, and it is not a traumatic event anymore. In fact, he turns around for me, gives Rob a hug, and it's done without a single tear shed.
  • Major, major event: He cried when he had to say goodbye to Auntie J, Grandma & Grandpa after Christmas. Understand that he has never, ever displayed separation anxiety, even for me.

I'd say we've had a great holiday! But most important, T is a happier boy than a month ago. What a relief. School is good, therapies are good, diapers are getting better…geez, part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm enjoying this, damn it! And I'm ready for 2008.

1 comment:

lemming said...

hugs all around, with an extra for Moose and a ball tossed for Chester.