Saturday, September 22, 2007

I love you

This morning, I went into T's room to get him up and to the bathroom before he soaked through his overnight diaper, as I do every morning. Thankfully, he is in a phase where he sleeps and sleeps in the mornings, so once a week on Saturdays, I am able to sleep in, too - for the first time in 6 years. Nice! But this does mean that occasionally the bed is wet, so I don't like to delay things too much.

So he was pretty groggy when I first went in. He hummed a little bit of a tune, which I recognized as the song I sing to him at night. He LOVES this song. So, I croaked out the song to him in my still groggy state. When I was done, he looked at me and said "I love you."

He wasn't singing it. I sing a song to him that starts off "I love you Lord Jesus, look down from the sky...", which he also loves. But he wasn't singing this time. I say "I love you" to him almost every night before he goes to bed, but he's never echoed it. He may have actually told me that he loves me this morning.

He may have actually told me that he loves me.

No comments: