Saturday, September 22, 2007

Autism - The Musical


No, I'm not kidding. This is the name of a new documentary that I went to see yesterday. I confess that my first reaction was that it was going to be some Simpsons-style or even worse South Park style comedy, and I rolled my eyes. But I read the reviews, and decided it would be worth it to go. I'm so glad I did. It was, admittedly, an emotional rollercoaster ride for me - laughing, sobbing, empathizing...but I am glad I went and I definately recommend it to anyone who is interested.


It follows the story of 5 autistic children and their parents as they take part in the Miracle Project, . We learn their life stories and their family struggles. It is honest, brutal at times, and mainly very positive about the abilities (and yes, challenges) these kids have.
Just one more way the word is getting out about our kiddos.

No comments: